Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Sean Ma,

I just tried on macOS 12.3.1 and still could not reproduce it on my side. Can you contact us at [email protected] so that we can gather more information to debug?

Comment

Originally posted by Zhao Xu (StataCorp) View Post
      Sean Ma and Phil Schumm:

We have identified that there is some incompatibility on MacOSX 12.2, and possibly 12.3, with loading Java 11 from Python 3 on M1 Macs. This includes Python 3 loading Stata which then loads Java. In the current revision of Stata 17 (15 Feb 2022) and before there is a Java dependency for loading pystata itself. We are working to remove that dependency and plan to release that improvement in the next executable update. However, we are still investigating the larger issue with Python3/pystata and Java which can be triggered by other functionality in Stata.
      We determined that the issue described above where loading Java from Python 3 on M1 Macs with MacOSX 12.2 and 12.3, no longer exists when using OpenJDK 17 instead of OpenJDK 11. We were not able to find any release notes or references that describe why the behavior changed, but we observed that the problem disappeared after switching to OpenJDK 17. An update for Stata 17 was released today (10 May 2022), which updates the OpenJDK packaged with Stata 17 from version 11.0.x to version 17.0.3. OpenJDK 17.0.3 is the current OpenJDK 17 release.

Please note that we believe that posts #9 and #13 along with their responses are not related to the original question or what I am describing in this post.

Comment

Working...
      X