Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pasting Blank Pictures In Word

I am working with version 14. The problem I have occurs when I try to copy tables from Stata output into Microsoft Word. Whenever I attempt this, the resulting picture is blank. My computer is a Macbook Pro. Any ideas why this is happening?

What happens if you paste it not to Word, but to another program?
    • If it works, likely it is a Word problem.
    • If it doesn't, likely it is a Stata problem.

Comment

I also tried Mac Pages and got the same result.

Comment

I could not reproduce the issue, Stata 14 MP, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. Tried

Code:
        sysuse auto
        regress mpg price
        then copied the regression table using "Copy", "Copy table", "Copy as HTML", and "Copy as picture", all worked fine.

Please first make sure your Stata is fully up to date by typing

Code:
        update all
        If the problem still existing after update, please contact Stata tech support at [email protected], please give detailed instructions and necessary datasets and do-files in order to reproduce the issue.

Comment

I update Stata each time it starts, so that is not the issue. I attached a screenshot of what I'm looking at. Did you successfully paste your output into Word?
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm having the same issue on Stata 14 and Microsoft Word 365 for MAC. The only solution I've found is to take a screenshot

Comment

I continue to have the same issue as was posted here. When I copy and paste I get a blank picture. Has anybody come up with a solution to this?

Comment

I also have the same issue on Stata 14 and Microsoft Word 365 for MAC.

Comment

I'm having this problem, too. I'm running Stata SE 14.1 on El Capitan, and get the same result (blank picture) when pasting into MS Word, Pages, Preview, and Photoshop.

Comment

I'm running Stata/MP 14.1 on El Capitan and had no problem pasting a table into TextEdit, Pages, and Word 2011. I'm working on getting Office 365 so I'll post the results of pasting into there later. I've included a video of me copying from Stata and pasting into TextEdit.

Can you please describe exactly which menu item you're selecting to copy the table?
                    Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
                    -Chinh Nguyen

Comment

I just tested on Office 2016 (aka Office 365) and had no problem pasting a table from Stata into Word. I've included a video.
                      Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
                      -Chinh Nguyen

Comment

I'm having a similar issue, and Chinh, I was not able to reproduce your results. Copy as Table works fine, but Copy as Picture turns up a blank white image. Interestingly, it works fine on an older iMac with El Capitan and Stata 14.1. It does not work on a new MacBookPro, also running El Capitan and Stata 14.1

Comment

I was having the same problem using Stata 14.1 on a Macbook Pro 15' with OS X El Capital version 10.11.5 with Microsft Word 365; however, after updating Stata 14.1 -update all- the problem has been solved.

Comment

I am having this same issue. State 14 is up to date as is MS word on Mac and unable to post picture of table into any applications (get blank box) but able to paste as text or HTML.

Was a fix to this issue ever determined?

Thanks

Comment

I had the same issue and updated my Stata 14.1 and the issue was solved. However, I could not update Stata simply by typing -update all- as I had a 'bad serial number'. Instead, I followed instructions on this link: https://www.stata.com/support/updates/stata14.html and it worked!

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
                              X